Summer School 2019
Ash Grove High School is offering two options for the 2019 Summer School. The first option is the traditional two-week summer school here on the Ash Grove High School campus starting June 3-14. Classes will meet Monday through Friday from 8:00am to 2:30pm. Bus transportation will be available to and from the Bois D'Arc and Lawrence County (Lawrenceburg) areas. All high school classes will be taken for credit. Students who just completed their 8th grade year may enroll in summer school classes as a 9th grader and receive high school credit. No credit is issued to any student taking the Jr. High Core Skills class. Students are allowed only one absence during summer school.
The school will serve a free breakfast and free lunch every day for every child. We encourage all children to take advantage of this free program. Breakfast will be served 7:30am - 8:00am, and lunch will be served to junior high and high school students from 11:40am-12:10pm. Meals for all grades will be served in the elementary cafeteria.
To enroll in Summer School, Ash Grove students should complete and submit the Summer School Enrollment Google Form that was emailed to them. If students or their parents have any questions about summer school, or if Ash Grove is not your resident school, please call the counseling office at 751-9616 or 751-9605.
The following classes will be offered this summer at Ash Grove High School :
- Driver Education (1/2 credit) - students must be 15 years old and need to pay the high school office a $1 driving permit fee that will allow them to drive the driver education car. This permit is different than the regular permit that the state requires. Also, the Driver's Education class schedule is different than any other class. Students must complete the classroom session and driving times to earn. The Driver's Ed classroom session will be May 20-23 and May 28-31 from 8am-1:00pm. Students will sign up for driving times during the classroom sessions.
- Health (1/2 credit)
- Personal Finance (1/2 credit)
- Odysseyware Elective Courses (1/2-1 credit) Click here to view courses.
- Rosetta Foreign Language (1/2-1 credit)
- Credit Recovery (1/2-1 credit)
- Junior High Core Skills (no credit)
Online Summer School
If a student is not taking any summer school courses at Ash Grove High School, they may want to take advantage of another summer school option. Missouri Online Summer Institute is an online summer school for students who would like to work at home to complete 1 or 2 sessions of four-week online MOVIP courses taught by state-certified teachers. If the student passes the course(s) satisfactorily, high school students will be able to earn up to one full high school credit. There are also junior high enrichment courses for incoming 7th and 8th grade students. This program is free for Missouri junior high and high school students, and there are nearly 160 credit recovery and enrichment courses available from which to choose. However, in order to enroll in this program, a student may not be enrolled in any other public high school summer school program. The first session opens May 22 and registration is available now. The second session begins around mid-June and ends July 20. Junior high students may choose from the following courses: Language Arts, Social Studies, Pre-Algebra, Science, Art, Music, JH Family and Consumer Science, and Career Explorations. For a list of high school courses available in this program, click here. If you are interested in enrolling, you may call the Guidance Office at 417-751-9616 or 417-751-9605,